HomeDatastructures

Help with Datastructure Issues

Help with Data Grid Messages in this topic - RSS add reply

Curious Betsy
Curious Betsy

4/6/2020
Curious Betsy
Curious Betsy
I am working on this screen. I have done the first part but am working on the second bullet point.

Also the first name and Last name has been concatenated in column. How to do it?
1. Present an Account Search screen. The dropdown should have Account Number, User ID, First Name, Last Name as possible values to select in ‘Search Field’. The ‘Search Value’ field should be a text field. Partial searches should be allowed.

2. On click of Search button display a table with search results on the same screen below the Account search bar. The data should be displayed from Enrollment table. Account number should have a hyperlink.

Account Number
Userid
Name
Address
First Last
100 Pine St San Francisco CA 94111

edited by Curious Betsy on 4/6/2020
0 link reply with quote
james.hartzell@decisions.com
james.hartzell@decisions.com

4/6/2020
Addresses for each Account are saved on a separate table (address) than the Account table (entity_account). The address table has a field to relate each record to an Account so that Accounts can have multiple addresses. There are several ways to achieve this, but the example I've attached uses a Stored Query to fetch data from both tables, merge the first and last name from an Account, and merge the address into a single string. From there, I used two Data Flows to populate data in the form: one to populate a drop-down list with a list of Accounts, and another to execute the query with the account_id from the selected Account in its where clause and output the result to the data grid.

Additionally, Data Grids themselves do not have support for hyperlinks, and Decisions itself is not designed to display an object only with a hyperlink. To make the object interactive in more depth from your form, consider creating a Data Repeater instead and adding a button that will run a flow or show an additional form to work with the selected object.
0 link reply with quote

(Ctrl+Enter)