HomeForms

How to Change Label Colors and Backgrounds in V7? Messages in this topic - RSS add reply

krustykrabpizza
krustykrabpizza

9/16/2021
krustykrabpizza
krustykrabpizza
I’m trying to figure out how to change the color of the text and background on a label in version 7. Can someone help me with this? I can’t seem to find it.
0 link reply with quote
ethan.price@decisions.com
Administrator

9/16/2021
Administrator
Changing label colors/fonts/backgrounds on forms is very similar to the process used in Version 6.

As for the label text, click the label on the form, and navigate to the Properties panel on the right. Open up the View tab. There will be a small checkbox labeled Use Form Font. By default, this will be checked, meaning that any labels used on the form will use one singular font/color/style. Uncheck this box, and the Label Attributes options will appear underneath to customize the label. Clicking the pencil icon will open all the options for the label, excluding the background.

The background follows a similar process, but needs an added bit. Backgrounds themselves are not bound to form components such as labels and buttons, they're bound onto Grids. When opening up a new default form, clicking on an empty space in the form will select the containing grid and give you it's Properties options on the right. Click the View tab again, and the final selection box will be for Background Type. By default, it's transparent, but selecting Color will give the option to select the background color for that specific grid. Alternatively, you can also add an image as a background.

If your goal is to exclusively have the label with a differing background, add a new grid into the form within the dimensions you want your label, then place the label within it!

0 link reply with quote

(Ctrl+Enter)